The Fire and Emergency Male Champions of Change was established in April 2017 with support from the Australasian Fire and Emergency Services Authorities Council (AFAC).
The group is convened by the Victorian Human Rights and Equal Opportunity Commissioner Kristen Hilton and includes Chief Executives and Commissioners leading 30+ agencies responsible for fire, emergency and land management services across Australia and New Zealand.
Together, their objective is to advance gender equity, inclusive cultures and achieve significant and sustainable improvements in the representation of women in their workplaces, including senior leadership positions, amongst a paid and volunteer workforce of more than 280,000 people.
The Fire and Emergency Services Male Champions of Change supports and strengthens AFAC’s wider focus on diversity and inclusion.
Who are the Male Champions of Change in Fire and Emergency?
- Chris Arnol AFSM – Chief Officer, Tasmania Fire Service
- Paul Baxter QSO – Commissioner, Fire and Rescue NSW
- Chris Beattie – Chief Officer, South Australian State Emergency Service
- Neil Cooper PSM – Senior Manager Fire, Forest and Roads, ACT Parks and Conservation Service
- Andrew Crisp APM – Commissioner, Emergency Management Victoria
- Ross Dickson – Chief Forester and Company Secretary, Forestry Corporation of New South Wales
- Stuart Ellis AM – Chief Executive Officer, Australasian Fire and Emergency Service Authorities Council
- Shane Fitzsimmons AFSM – Commissioner, New South Wales Rural Fire Service
- Jason Foster – A/Executive Director Regional and Fire Management Services, Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions, Parks and Wildlife Service in Western Australia.
- Chris Gibson – Manager, Conservation, Fire and Safety, Forestry SA
- Stephen Griffin – Chief Executive Officer, Victoria State Emergency Service
- Chris Hardman – Chief Fire Officer, Forest Fire Management Victoria – Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning
- Rhys Jones CNZM – Chief Executive, Fire and Emergency New Zealand
- Ben Klaassen – Deputy Director General, Queensland Parks and Wildlife Services
- Darren Klemm AFSM – Commissioner, Department of Fire and Emergency Services WA
- Andrew Lea ESM – Director, Tasmania State Emergency Service
- Michael Morgan AFSM – Chief Officer and Chief Executive Officer, SA Metropolitan Fire Service
- Greg Nettleton – Chief Officer, South Australian Country Fire Service
- David Nugent AFSM – Director Fires and Emergency Services, Parks Victoria
- Grant Pelton – Director Regional Programs, Department of Environment and Water
- Rob Porter – Executive General Manager, Airservices Australia – Aviation Rescue Fire Fighting Services
- Steve Warrington AFSM – Chief Officer/ Chief Executive Officer, Country Fire Authority Victoria
- Dan Stephens QFSM – Chief Executive Officer, Metropolitan Fire and Emergency Services Board, Melbourne
- Kyle Stewart – Commissioner (Acting), New South Wales State Emergency Service
- Mike Wassing AFSM – Commissioner (Acting), Queensland Fire and Emergency Services
- David Willing – Executive Director, Northern Territory Fire and Emergency Services
Special advisers to the MCC are:
- Collene Bremner – Executive Director, Bushfires NT
- Kristen Hilton – Victorian Equal Opportunity and Human Rights Commissioner and Convenor
- Naomi Stephens – Director, Fire & Incident Management Section, NSW National Parks & Wildlife Service Office of Environment and Heritage NSW
Georgeina Whelan – Commissioner (Acting), ACT Emergency Services Agency
For further information please contact the MCC Fire and Emergency Program Director, Julie Bissinella at email@example.com
Recent news & announcements:
Click here to read the MCC Fire and Emergency program charter
Kristen Hilton’s speech on “Strengthening Organisations ” at the 2017 Australasian Fire and Emergency Services Council Conference