Brent Hoberman is Co-Founder and Executive Chairman of Founders Factory, Founders Forum (an invite-only, global community of founders, corporates and tech leaders) and firstminute capital (a $100m seed fund with global remit, backed by Atomico, Tencent and over 30 unicorn founders).
Previously, Brent co-founded lastminute.com in 1998, was CEO from its inception, and sold it in 2005 to Sabre for $1.1bn. Technology businesses he has co-founded have raised over $650 million and include;
- Karakuri – a provider of robotics, AI and automation systems.
- made.com – a leading European direct-from-factory consumer homewares retailer with $137m funding to date.
- Founders Intelligence – a specialist digital consultancy.
- accelerateHER – a network taking action to change the underrepresentation of women in technology.
- Founders Pledge – a community for entrepreneurs committed to finding and funding solutions to global challenges.
- Founders Academy – a new type of business school for a changing world.
Brent also co-chairs the Prime Minister’s Business Sector Council for Small Business, Scale-ups and Entrepreneurs, and in 2015 was awarded a CBE for services to entrepreneurship.