The Fire and Emergency Male Champions of Change was established in April 2017 with support from the Australasian Fire and Emergency Services Authorities Council (AFAC).
The group is convened by the Victorian Human Rights and Equal Opportunity Commissioner Kristen Hilton and includes Chief Executives and Commissioners leading 30+ agencies responsible for fire, emergency and land management services across Australia and New Zealand.
Together, their objective is to advance gender equity, inclusive cultures and achieve significant and sustainable improvements in the representation of women in their workplaces, including senior leadership positions, amongst a paid and volunteer workforce of more than 280,000 people.
The Fire and Emergency Services Male Champions of Change supports and strengthens AFAC’s wider focus on diversity and inclusion.
Who are the Male Champions of Change in Fire and Emergency?
- Chris Arnol, Chief Officer, Tasmania Fire Service
- Paul Baxter, Commissioner, Fire and Rescue NSW
- Chris Beattie, Chief Officer, South Australian State Emergency Service
- Neil Cooper, Manager Fire, Forest and Roads, ACT Parks and Conservation Service
- Andrew Crisp, Emergency Management Victoria, Commissioner
- Ross Dickson, Chief Forester and Company Secretary, Forestry Corporation NSW
- Stuart Ellis, Chief Executive Officer, Australasian Fire and Emergency Service Authorities Council
- Shane Fitzsimmons, Commissioner, New South Wales Rural Fire Service
- Jason Foster, Acting Executive Director Regional and Fire Management Services, Parks and Wildlife Service WA
- Chris Gibson, Manager, Conservation, Fire and Safety, Forestry SA
- Stephen Griffin, Chief Executive Officer, Victoria State Emergency Service
- Chris Hardman, Executive Director, Forest and Fire Operations Division, DWELP and Chief Fire Officer, Forest Fire Management Victoria
- Rhys Jones, Chief Executive, Fire and Emergency New Zealand
- Ben Klaassen, Deputy Director General, Queensland Parks and Wildlife Services
- Darren Klemm, Assistant Commissioner, Department of Fire and Emergency Services WA
- Dominic Lane, Commissioner, ACT Emergency Services Agency
- Andrew Lea, Director, Tasmania State Emergency Service
- Michael Morgan, Chief Officer and Chief Executive Officer, South Australian Metropolitan Fire Service
- Greg Nettleton, Chief Officer, SA Country Fire Service
- David Nugent, Director Fires and Emergency Services, Parks Victoria
- Craig Oakley, Acting Executive General Manager, Airservices Australia
- Grant Pelton, Director Regional Programs Parks and Regions, Department of Environment, Water and Natural Resources SA
- Mark Smethurst, Commissioner, New South Wales State Emergency Service
- Paul Smith, Chief Executive Officer, Country Fire Authority Victoria
- Mark Spain, Acting Executive Director, Northern Territory Fire Rescue and Emergency Service
- Dan Stephens, Chief Officer/ Chief Executive Officer, Metropolitan Fire and Emergency Services Board, Melbourne
Special advisers to the MCC are:
- Collene Bremner, Executive Director, Bushfires NT
- Katarina Carroll, Commissioner, Queensland Fire & Emergency Services
- Kristen Hilton, Victorian Equal Opportunity and Human Rights Commissioner and Convenor
- Naomi Stephens, Director, Fire & Incident Management Section, NSW National Parks & Wildlife Service Office of Environment and Heritage NSW
For further information please contact the MCC Fire and Emergency Program Director, Julie Bissinella at email@example.com
Recent news & announcements:
Click here to read the MCC Fire and Emergency program charter
Kristen Hilton’s speech on “Strengthening Organisations ” at the 2017 Australasian Fire and Emergency Services Council Conference