Alan Joyce joined the Founding National Male Champions of Change group in 2010.
He has been Chief Executive Officer and Managing Director of Qantas since November 2008.
This period has seen Qantas and Jetstar continue to lead the Australian domestic market; the launch of Qantas’ biggest transformation program since privatisation in 1995, the rapid development of Jetstar’s pan-Asian strategy; and the sustained growth of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program.
During this time the Qantas Group has taken delivery of more than 120 new aircraft – over a third of its fleet – and invested in infrastructure, technology and training to achieve record customer satisfaction.
Mr Joyce served as founding Chief Executive Officer of Jetstar for five years from October 2003, establishing its operations in Australia and across Asia. Prior to his appointment at Jetstar, he spent over 15 years in key positions at Qantas, Ansett and Aer Lingus.
Mr Joyce was Chairman of the International Air Transport Association between July 2012 and June 2013.
His current roles in business and the community include:
- Director of the Business Council of Australia;
- Member of the Male Champions of Change;
- Ambassador for the Australian Indigenous Education Foundation NSW; and
- Presiding Officer of the Board of Management for Charles Sturt University’s Assocciate Degree in Policing Practice
Mr Joyce is a Fellow of the Royal Aeronautical Society and the Australian Academy of Technological Sciences and Engineering.
He holds a Bachelor of Science in Applied Science (Physics and Mathematics) (Honours) and a Master of Science in Management Science.
- Alan Joyce’s post on gender equality on Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/progress-gender-equality-much-more-do-alan-joyce?trk=prof-post
- Qantas “Longreach Review” on sustainability: http://www.qantas.com.au/infodetail/about/investors/longreach-review-2014.pdf
- Qantas Diversity Statement: http://www.qantas.com.au/infodetail/about/corporateGovernance/diversityStatement.pdf